Visiting Stavanger for a day? Looking for things to do in Stavanger? We have authorized, local guides, ready to show you what Stavanger is all about. Tours for 2017 are now available for booking.
We are happy to announce that our bestseller tours are now available for booking for the 2017 season. The tours in Stavanger are specially tailored for cruise ship passengers that a haven’t booked a tour with the cruise ship and who are looking for a local and educational experience in the Stavanger region. Many people who visit Stavanger for only one day wonder what to do here and how to get the most out of their stay. We have long experience in developing shore excursions for visitors that have limited of time and who wants to see the main sights and visit the highlights of Stavanger.
Viking Tour Stavanger 2017
Our bestseller excursion Viking Tour is an excellent 2,5 hours day trip, suited for people in all ages who are curious about the Vikings. The Viking age is a significant time in the Norwegian history and deserves a tour of its own – historically correct, with a touch of Hollywood. The Viking Tour will give you a complete picture of our Scandinavian ancestors and you get to see some of the main sights in Stavanger:
- English speaking local guide
- Visit to the Iron Age Farm
- Stop at the Three Swords Monument
- Free entrance to the Museum of Archaeology
- Complementary tea or coffee at the Museum of Archaeology
- Viking helmet during the tour – for fun photos 🙂
- Viking diploma – congratulations you are now a true Viking!
Read more about the tour here: Viking Tour Stavanger
Book tickets online: Book Viking Tour Stavanger
Stavanger City and Surroundings 2017 – the best of Stavanger
On the Stavanger City and Surroundings tour (3 hours) we will see the highlights of Stavanger city center and visit some of the main attractions in Stavanger and its surroundings. This tour is a fantastic way to experience what Stavanger is all about. Included in the tour:
- English speaking local guide
- City Sightseeing in Stavanger city center
- Visit the Stavanger Cathedral
- Travel along the coastline and stop at a small fishing village
- Photo stop at the Three Swords monument in Hafrsfjord
- Optional guided walk through Old Stavanger
Read more about the tour here: Stavanger City and Surroundings
Book tickets online: Book Stavanger City and Surroundings Tour
Why go on excursions with GuideCompaniet?
We handle many cruise ships every year and are experienced in shore excursions in all ports of Norway. We adjust the departures time of the tours to the docking time of the cruise ships and we guarantee to get you back to your ship in time for departure. Our head office is located on the cruise pier Strandkaien, right above the Tourist Information in Stavanger. We have an information stand right at the pier where we sell our tours and all our excursions depart from just outside the security gate at the port of Stavanger. And of course: If you don’t port you don’t pay. We also guarantee to be cheaper than the cruise lines.
- We have developed tours since 1999
- We only use qualified and certified local guides
- Our head office is based on the cruise pier in Stavanger city center
- We offer local and high quality regional sightseeing tours
- We offer excursions and full itineraries around all of Norway